cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmslaug2
Premolar I

ePostings

We are having problems with ePostings not posting contractual adjustments for some payers.  We also use eStatements, and patients are receiving (and we are paying for) statements for amounts that should have been a write off.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ePostings

@mczar are you able to help with this? 

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

I would need to get someone from either the PracticeWorks or eServices Escalation team to take a look at this one. If I can get the practice name and contact name I can have someone call and follow up. 

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos

I looked up her account and will reach out Tuesday morning to look into the issue with her to see if we can find out what's going on. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst

Just a quick update here in case this becomes a question others might have. 

The ePosting review window has columns that show "Already applied WO amt" and a "WO amt to apply". 

The "Already applied WO amt" column is based on the write off amount expected according to the Insurance estimating inside the PracticeWorks system.  If the estimating is set up in a way that it says a write-off adjustment should have been posted to the ledger It will show that amount in the ePosting as already having been applied, even if the adjustment code was not applied or was removed from the ledger. 

At that point the "WO amt to apply" will calculate the difference between what "was" applied and what the ERA/EOB says the write off should be.

If the estimating is not set up accurately for that Employer/plan, then the amount it calculates to apply will also be incorrect.  If this is the case then the adjustment will need to be applied to the ledger manually, instead of allowing the ePosting to auto post the adjustment. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst