cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denise2215
Canine II

signing consent forms

Jump to solution

We are using verion 9 of practiceworks.  As we are transitioning away from our paper charts, I am wondering how to have patients sign consent forms etc.  Any suggestions?  So you use a signature pad, what brand?   I am also looking for what brand of scanner everyone is using.   Also looking for suggestions on how to create a form that is editable.at each visit.  Thanks 

Denise

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: signing consent forms

Jump to solution

Hello @denise2215 

As it is right now, the only solution that we have for electronic signatures is to use the CS eForms module which utilizes an iPad for patients to update their forms as well as sign documents. You are able to create custom forms on here as well. 

As far as scanners go, PracticeWorks will work with any scanner that has a Twain compatible driver. You can easily do a search through Amazon for examples of twain scanners (which i did here).  We suggest flatbed scanners as well since we are not able to scan in multi-page documents directly into PracticeWorks.  However, you are able to scan in a multi-page document outside of PracticeWorks into a PDF and upload that into the patient's attachments. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
denise2215
Canine II

Re: signing consent forms

Jump to solution
Thank you for the information!
Denise
0 Kudos