cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
Premolar II

Appointment sticky note settings & additional field

I've mentioned this in the past, but worth throwing out again....  The sticky notes that go on appointments are for some reason pre-set to pop up at check-in.  No other notes for any other field have a "pre-set".  It would be nice to get rid of this setting.  

Additionally, it would be very helpful to have an additional option on the appointment sticky note checkboxes....."when re-scheduling".  We can have 8 notes on an appointment, many of them just "fyi".  However, some of them would have a significant bearing on the rescheduling of that appointment - would be GREAT to have that flag.  Any "when scheduling appts" notes that happen to be on a patient or account pop up only at the initial scheduling.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Appointment sticky note settings & additional field

Hi sonyap‌,

I like the "re-schedule" option; makes sense and would clearly be useful. 

I'd like to dig in a bit more regarding the pre-set option for appointment stickies to pop up when checking-in. Are the appointment stickies ignored or not helpful at check-in? Do they get lost due to the number of stickies that appear when checking-in? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar II

When an appointment is checked in, there can be any number of notes popping up (from the appointment itself, the clipboard, ledger, etc.).  I would say that 80% (or more) of the notes on the actual appointment do NOT need to pop up at check-in.  So yes, other notes of more importance are often missed because there are so many other irrelevant notes popping up.  It really is a hassle to remember to "uncheck" the note every time we create one on an appt.  I'm not sure why the developers thought that those particular notes needed a default check, when no other notes in the entire software have that.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Would it make sense for a single screen with all alerts (Stickies, Pre-med, autolinked messages, etc.) to appear on a single screen or would that be too much information delivered at once?

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar II

Interesting concept.  Might be too much, but I'm willing to entertain the idea.  When would this "single screen" be shown?  What would trigger it?  Could it be accessed later in the appointment (say, after "seating" the patient in the software)?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

If we pursue this I would work with users such as yourself to identify the best way to implement. You'd have direct input into how and when the messages appeared. 

During my visits to PracticeWorks offices I've observed a lot of clicking through messages to arrive at the objective action, i.e. checking a patient in or out, opening the chart, etc. 

This is just discussion right now. We would need time to work out the details of how something like this would work. Currently the team is gearing up to tackle record locking for the follow up to 8.1 (which I discussed here). 

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar II

Sounds good!  Please keep me in the loop.  BTW, I had no idea that any of you went out to user offices?

0 Kudos
kellycacc
Canine II

Yes, yes, yes!  I just got off the phone with tech support asking if the default display settings on the yellow stickies are customize-able.  

Currently, when adding a note to a patient's appointment the display defaults to "at check-in" only.  We leave sticky notes regarding how much the patient will owe for the appointment.  We collect payment at check-out, and the note does not automatically display at then, so it's often missed.

For our office I would like to change the default of stickies left on appointments to display on check-in AND check-out. 

I think the key thing is to have the display customize-able so each office can display the stickies whatever way will work best for them.

And we absolutely need the "display when rescheduling" option.  This is pure genius!!

Please help us so the information we are inputting is displaying when we need it!!!!

0 Kudos