cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertwagner16
Canine III

User Defined Experts

Is there a way for learn how to create commands and formulas on PracticeWorks? We would like to create different experts, but having a hard time knowing how to create formulas... 

12 Replies
bert
Premolar II

Re: User Defined Experts

Yes there is. I would suggest a few things. First check out the PW Expert Exchange and see if the expert you want is already created. 2nd review the recorded webinars in the Carestream Dental Institute to see if there is a recorded webinar on the topic. Third Purchase a training session with Practiceworks trainer who can help you learn how to do this.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello robertwagner16‌! We actually have a webinar that covers this topic but the link has expired. I'm going to get in touch with the trainer that presented the webinar to see if they still have it available. If not, I'll suggest this topic for a future webinar since it is an advanced topic. 

The number for our training department is 800-230-3425 (Option 4 for PracticeWorks) in the case you have any additional questions. 

I'll post here what I find out about the webinar! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

robertwagner16‌ I did find a recorded webinar that may be useful for you. You can access the webinar by going to the Carestream Dental Institute www.carestreamdental.com/CDI (it looks like your office has accounts that are registered for the institute. Once you are logged in click Webinars, and you'll see an option on the top right for Recorded Webinars. Below is the name and description for the webinar. Let me know if you have any question on accessing the Institute. 

PracticeWorks: Utilizing PracticeScript Webinar Playback - Have you ever wanted to automate events using advanced filters? Do you have the need to create user-defined experts? This advanced level webinar is designed for all team members and provides instructions for utilizing PracticeScript within the PracticeWorks practice management software. During this webinar we will incorporate the basics of PracticeScript and utilizing in documents, automation, and user defined experts. This webinar was presented by a certified trainer in February of 2013. (1 hour, 14-minutes)

joedindo
Premolar I

How do you get to the PW Expert Exchange?

0 Kudos

Joe

you can get to the Expert Exchange in CS PracticeWorks by going up to the Experts Menu on the menu bar at the top, then clicking on the option for PracticeWorks Expert Exchange.  It may require level 10 access depending on the office's settings in order for it to open.

Once you are in, on the default list, scroll down to PW Support, use the second version, and expand it.  you can then check the box for the expert report you'd like to download, then at the bottom uncheck the box for "Install to tutorial database." Click Download, and hit accept to both the windows that pop up. It'll download and install and once complete you can close the download window and either download another export, or close the expert list back to the scheduler.

To use the experts, go back to the Experts menu, go down to Contact Experts, then User Defined. a list will pop up with the downloaded experts.  There are a few that instead will download to the Analysis experts list, which is under the Experts menu, then Analysis Experts.

-Johnathan

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar I

Thanks for the info. I am not able to get in due to this persistent error. Any idea what this means?

0 Kudos

What error is it that you are receiving? 

You are welcome to call in and one of Rep would be glad to assist you. Our contact numbers are located here.

-Johnathan

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar I

I attached a screen print. Didn’t it come through?

Unable to create exchangeable object list:

Error 99: Unknown Error

0 Kudos

No, unfortunately, it doesn't look like it did.

however, that error is a pretty quick and easy one to take care of though. I'm opening a new case and will be calling you shortly.

-Johnathan

0 Kudos