cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC
Canine II

Appointment reports

Hi there,

Could someone help me with running a report for how many appointments were done between 2 dates. I can run one for how many patients were seen within two dates, but I need to see how many appointments were there within a 12 month period.

Please advise

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kimorr
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Appointment reports

Good Morning.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Are there particular Appointments you require. Or, is it all Appointments?

Kind regards

Kirsty

Alison_Daniels
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Morning

To find the number of appointments you can run the Practice Occupancy Report.

This can be found in the Main Menu\Utilities\Practice Occupancy Report.

When this is run you can select individual treatment providers or all and any timeframe you wish.

I hope this answers your query.

Kind regards

Alison

JC
Canine II

Hi Kirsty,
It's for all appointments that were completed within two dates. The practice occupancy report isn't exactly what I am after.
0 Kudos
kimorr
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

You can create a query but would have to run it for each individual appointment type. If this is ok, follow these steps:

1. From patient selector screen (magnifying glass)
  2. Click Query Wizard
  3. Click New Query
  4. Click Start
  5. Click Next
  6. Click that have had an appt
  7. Click next
  8. Tick if you want to select a specific user (Dentist)
  9. Tick between two dates
  10. Tick specify criteria
  11. Under the ask column tick ask and click ok for date format for both start date and end date
  12. Tick for treatment type and under value, you can select a particular appointment type or if you tick ask, you will be prompted for the appt type during the search.
  13. Click Finish
  14. Save as new
  15. Name your query.

You can now search for Appt types between two dates.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Kirsty

Alison_Daniels
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Morning

If that report didn't give you what you want you will have to create a report, please see the steps below.

To create a report to find the total number of appointments in a given time.

1. Open Report Manager
  2. Select the Folder called Reports not in a Category
  3. Click ‘New Report’ then ‘Start’
  4. Click on the ‘Ellipsis’ to select a query.
  5. Click on ‘New Query’ then ‘Start’
  6. Select the item ‘Appointments’ then ‘Next’
  7. Tick the box ‘that have certain attributes’ then click ‘Specify Attributes’
  8. In the next window select the ‘Date’ field and add it to the Criteria window twice
  9. In the first date line change the ‘Operator’ column option to ‘later than or equal to’ and put the start date in the ’Value’ column
  10. In the second date line change the ‘Operator’ column option to ‘earlier than or equal to’ and put the end date in the ’Value’ column
  11. Click ‘OK’ then ‘Finish’ and save the query.
  12. Now select the query just mad and click ‘Next’
  13. Click ‘Report Layout’ on the next window
  14. Click on ‘click here to edit report properties’ (in blue)
  15. Select ‘Date’ (by double clicking it) and any other fields you want to appear on the final report
  16. Click on ‘Edit Ordering’, select ‘Date’ and add it to the ‘Selected Fields’ window and click ‘OK’
  17. Click ‘OK’ to close the Report Layout Window then click ‘Finish’ and name the report.

When this report is run the result can be exported to Excel enabling you to sort the data.

Kind regards

Alison

JC
Canine II

Hi Alison,
Thanks. I just tried it and it does not give the total number of appointments done, it just lists dates. Is there something I've done wrong?

0 Kudos
Alison_Daniels
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

If you export it to Excel you can use the counta formula to count the total number of rows which will give you the total no of appointments. The only report that gives the total no of appointments is the Practice Occupancy Report.
KR
Alison