cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1523
Canine II

CHI Number is incorrect and cannot change it

Hello. I have a patient who's CHI number is incorrect although we double-checked the date of birth. I am not sure how the CHI has been generated however this is affecting the claim and I cannot seem to find a way to change the CHI. 

What I was told to do regarding the claim is : "If you have run the patient details search and this is the  only match you have for the patient, you can submit a claim without a CHI number. Rerun the CHI lookup and select "not found" then submit the claim. "

Is there a way to change the CHI or generate a correct one in R4?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LRDC16
Canine II

Re: CHI Number is incorrect and cannot change it

If this happens in practice, we carry out a secondary search and if that still does not match you can select 'None'. The board will then allocate the correct CHI number. Or at least this is what I was told after call the boards helpline.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: CHI Number is incorrect and cannot change it

Hello,

Thank you for your question, it is possible to change the patients CHI number in their schemes tab within R4+, as long as the CHI number is in a valid format. If one has been auto populated I would assume that would be from performing a patient search and selecting the patient. If a patient does not have a CHI entered then it is mandatory for a patient search to be performed before the claim can be submitted.

I would also query as to why the CHI number that has been auto populated is not correct (unless the wrong patient was selected from the patient search). The main reason I would query this is that if you submit a different CHI for this patient to the one that Practitioner Services hold then the claim will probably get rejected and returned to you.

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos