cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njkfyfe
Canine II

Error 510

I am working my way through a backlog of rejections and keep coming across the error code 

E000510 'The claim has been received previously at a higher submission count'

I have at least seventy of these claims which are all under the same dentist.  I called Board and was advised to call R4, which I did..  I was told I need to delete each claim and resubmit a new claim.  Can I just clarify this is correct?  I was never given any information on what is causing this issue nor offered any long term resolution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Error 510

Hi @njkfyfe,

Many thanks for your post.

In this instance you would need to create a new course as this will generate a new claim number.

As this is a large number of claims however all for the same dentist did they take over from another provider's number?

A further question I am wondering is have any claims been accepted for this dentist?

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
njkfyfe
Canine II

This dentist took over August last year from a dentist who finished February last year.  Out of around 160 claims sent only 50 are settled, the rejections  are mainly error 510 although there are a handful of other queries.

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @njkfyfe,

Many thanks for your reply.

Are they using the same list number as the previous dentist?

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
njkfyfe
Canine II

no different number
0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @njkfyfe,

That would mean that these claims have their own DSR number, in this instance then it would need to be recreated.

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
njkfyfe
Canine II

That's fine but how has this happened and how do I stop future claims doing this? Thanks
0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @njkfyfe,

Apologies for the delays I was checking with our Level 3 department and the PSD regarding this.

Unfortunately the reason for this isn't obvious as the claim looks correct on the PSD system, the only recommendation advised by them is to re-create the course.

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
njkfyfe
Canine II

Hi, apologies, I'm only back in practice today. Could I possibly send you a private message or can someone call me 0132455282, thanks
0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi @njkfyfe,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos