cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grassington
Canine II

New Version of R4

The new update on R4 that has changed all the icons is an absolute nightmare to work with.  We have given it 2 weeks and it is not getting easier.

The system has only changed one screen to be black icons and the rest of R4 is as normal which makes it worse.

There is now no £ by a patients name if they owe money.

Some icons do not make sense eg a person with a pen isn't what you would expect.

Were the icons made black just to save money !!!!!!!!!

8 Replies
kayj139
Canine III

Re: New Version of R4

Totally agree.

It seems like the design has gone backwards!!

Not very clear where icons are for payment, open course of treatment and the patient banner not being a solid colour but a thin outline!!!

Sorry guys, but not very impressed at all!!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Morning,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, thank you for your feedback, its a shame to hear you are not getting along with the changes, we did a large amount of research prior to release and beta testing and the feedback was rather positive,

We do value your thoughts and I will pass on your comments to the teams involved and these will be taken on board

Kind Regards 
Chris 

Soo65
Canine II

Agree with everything said here, we hate it!!!!
suejones
Canine II

I agree, no improvement at all
lukemx
Canine III

I attended Dental Summit today and I have to say one think - R4 ver 7 is a big disappointment. It is a pretty skin (on surface) with a docking bar feature, nothing else. On top of this, these black icons are a nightmare - I struggled to use them today during the summit. The are unintuitive, hard to distinguish between, too small. I am unsure if we are going to upgrade to 7 at all for those reasons (however I like the docking bar!)

0 Kudos
sheltondental
Canine II

Having run the update at one of our practices I can say the feedback from staff is that it is awful to work with and from what I've seen I agree.  Those black icons are confusing not helpful at all.  I am currently putting off running the update at our other practice as I am hoping that you see sense and put it back.  

kayj139
Canine III

Totally agree.

Let's have the old version back again please.

The parking lot is OK, but not that helpful either I'm afraid.

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

As we roll out CS R4+ V7.0, we are aware of the feedback on the changes, specifically in relation to the colour change of the icons. We recognise that this change is quite different for our users and have noted your feedback.
We will review the comments you have posted and look at proposals for some alternative designs, we will share these on the Exchange when they are ready and will look to implement the changes in a future release.
We are always looking to add to our list of reference sites, to run new ideas and designs past, and if appropriate beta test these changes for us. If you are interested in becoming part of our brain trust please send me an email on nina.gilbert@csdental.com