cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelzor
Canine II

New charge scheme

Is it possible to add a new charge scheme using the NHS banding scheme as a baseline, but adding additional charge bands? Could we then specify what is available in each band?
Many thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
stephen_skelton

Re: New charge scheme

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately it is not possible to create a new scheme that includes the NHS banding structure.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos
kelzor
Canine II

Thank you for the swift Response Stephen. Is it possible to set up a completely new banded charging scheme? Or would I have to enter the bands as separate charge items and work out which band each course is in individually?
0 Kudos
stephen_skelton

The option to include charging bands is only available for the NHS scheme, so you would have to create separate items for each charge band and the work out the applicable band for each course manually.

If you decide to do it this way then you can include (Band 1), (Band 2) or (Band 3) as part of the treatment item name to make it easier, i.e. Clinical Exam (Band 1), Root Canal Treatment (Band 2), etc.  This will make it easier to work out the charge band when looking at the treatment plan.

You can then add treatment items for the different charge bands and categorise them as Misc treatment items so that can be accessed from the Add Code menu.

If you need any help on creating new schemes then there is a handout that can be downloaded from the Knowledge Base here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/R4-Documentation/CS-R4-Adding-a-New-Scheme/ta-p/19609

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos