Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowol
Canine II

Removing patient finance

Jump to solution

Hi there,

How can we remove an owing bill on a patients record?

So, if a patient had come in and didn't pay for treatment and later finds out they are on benefit, how do I get rid of that charge that has been generated?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Removing patient finance

Jump to solution

Hi @snowol,

Many thanks for your post.

If the patient is an NHS patient simply complete the items/courses and then in the NHS claim detail you can add the exemption and remove the charge that way.

If this isn't the case please let me know.

Regards

Matt

View solution in original post

matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @snowol,

If the course has been closed then tick show old plans and highlight the plan in question.

Select NHS Claim Details and if this has been sent, create a new submission then add the exemption. If this is yet to be sent add the exemption then select apply and the fee will remove.

Regards

Matt

3 Replies
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @snowol,

Many thanks for your post.

If the patient is an NHS patient simply complete the items/courses and then in the NHS claim detail you can add the exemption and remove the charge that way.

If this isn't the case please let me know.

Regards

Matt

snowol
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Matt

Thanks for that

Also, when a course of treatment has already been closed by the dentist I guess you would select the course of treatment where the charged occurred from and edit/submit the claim from there?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
matthewbridge
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @snowol,

If the course has been closed then tick show old plans and highlight the plan in question.

Select NHS Claim Details and if this has been sent, create a new submission then add the exemption. If this is yet to be sent add the exemption then select apply and the fee will remove.

Regards

Matt