cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canine II

Report+Query

Please can you clarify how to create a report+query that we can use to export All Appointments. We have tried every possible mix of queries just to pull data, unfortunately not successfully. Please let me know a solution. Thank you so much, Francesca 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Report+Query

Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your message, The following steps will show you how to create the query.

1. From the main menu. Click Reports.
2. Click New Report
3. Click Start
4. In the query field, Click the ellipses button (3 dots)
5. Click New Query
6. Click Start
7. Highlight Appointments and click Next
8. Click Finish
9. Click Save as New
10. Give the query a name and click OK
11. Click Select
12. Click Next
13. Click Report Layout
14. Click on "Click here to edit repor properties"
15. Click Add All
16. Click OK
17. Click Finish
18. Click Save as New
19. Give the Report a name and click OK
20. Using the search field at the top, find your new report and highlight it.
21. Click Run

This will show you all Appointments on your system, For all Dates, For all Statuses, including completed, canceled, deleted, pending. Everything. This is a lot of data so please be aware this report will take a long time to run, even for a very small quiet practice.

If you can give me a little bit more information i can help create a query that has a few more filters that might be more useful. What are you trying to achieve with this data?

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
Canine II

Thank you Liam, this is super helpful. I have followed your steps and now waiting for the report to run. How long can this take for a small practice? Thank you so much again, Francesca

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Afternoon

I honestly have no idea how long it will take. All depends on PC Specs, how much data it needs to pull.

"Basically, how long is a piece of string.."

Sorry i couldn't give you a better answer, but i hope it doesn't take too long.

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
Canine II

No worries, thank you! Do you know if has ever taken up to a day or longer?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Honestly, I don't believe anyone would have ever wanted to retrieve that much data, so I have no idea how long it would take to run.

Why do you want details of every appointment ever? 

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
Canine II

Hi Liam, I hope you had a good weekend. I am not having much luck exporting the date. Please can you clarify how to create a report+query  that we can use to export all appointments for the last couple of years? Thank you so much, Francesca 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Afternoon
Lovely weekend, hope you did too.

1. From the main menu. Click Reports.
2. Click New Report
3. Click Start
4. In the query field, Click the ellipses button (3 dots)
5. Click New Query
6. Click Start
7. Highlight Appointments and click Next
8. Tick the box "that have certain [Attributes]
9. Click Specify Attributes
10. From the left side of the screen, Double click the field "Date" - Do this twice
11. On the first line that reads "Date is equal to No date specified" - left click on "is equal to" and change to "is later than or equal to"
12. Now that line should read "Date is later than or equal to no date specified" tick the box for ask and click OK
11. On the next line that reads "Date is equal to No date specified" - left click on "is equal to" and change to "is earlier than or equal to"
12. Now that line should read "Date is earlier than or equal to no date specified" tick the box for ask and click OK
13. Click OK
14. Click Finish
15. Click Save as New
16. Give the query a name and click OK
17. Click Select
18. Click Next
19. Click Report Layout
20. Click on "Click here to edit report properties"
21. Click Add All
22. Click OK
23. Click Finish
24. Click Save as New
25. Give the Report a name and click OK
26. Using the search field at the top, find your new report and highlight it.
27. Click Run

This report will ask the question "please specify the date" twice. The first time, put in your older date for example 2015, then the 2nd time it asks, put in your more recent date for example today's date.

As with the previous report, this is still a lot of data to take from the system and I still expect it to take a long time to run. Good Luck

Kind Regards
Liam Rushton
0 Kudos