cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dhen
Canine III

Reporting help please

Hi, I need to pull the following information off R4 but I am told that there is no current way of reporting it.  Just wondered if anyone has found a way round it.

I need to find out how much time each of my Ortho Therapists are spending each month on each dentists patients.  so for example I want to show that A Smith (OT) spent 50 hours of her 120 hours in June 2018 on B Brown (Dentist) patients. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reporting help please

@jonbarton @sleightpa can either of you help with this?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Denise,

If I have correctly understood what you are asking for please follow the steps below to create a report which should help (sorry it is a bit of a complicated one).

1. From the reports section of CS R4+ Click 'Reports about appointments' and click 'New Report'.
  2. On the screen that says ‘select a query’ Click ‘New Query’
  3. Highlight ‘Appointments’ and click ‘Next’.
  4. Put a tick in ‘that have certain [attributes]’ and click ‘specify attributes’.
  5. In the left pane highlight ‘treatment Provider’ and click ‘Add’.
  6. Select the Name of the Treatment Provider that the patient would have had the appointment with.
  7. Click ‘OK’ and Click ‘Finish’.
  8. Click ‘Save As New’ and name the query, the click ‘OK’.
  9. Double left click on the query that you just created.
  10. Click ‘Next’.
  11. On the next screen click on the circle next to ‘Yes’, then click the grey box with 3 dots in.
  12. Make sure ‘Query’ is selected in the list and click ‘OK’.
  13. Click ‘New Query’, then make sure ‘Patients’ is highlighted and click ‘Next’.
  14. Click on ‘Specify Attributes’.
  15. In the left pane highlight ‘Registered Dentist’ and click ‘Add’.
  16. Select the name of the dentist who is the patients ‘registered dentist’.
  17. Click ‘OK’ and Click ‘Finish’.
  18. Click ‘Save As New’ and name the query, the click ‘OK’.
  19. Double left click on the query that you just created.
  20. On the next screen click on the circle next to ‘No’ and click ‘Report Layout’
  21. Click on ‘Click here to edit report properties’.
  22. Add any fields that you want to display in the report, but make sure ‘duration’ is one of them.
  23. Click ‘OK’ and Click ‘Finish’
  24. Click ‘Save As New’ and give the report a name.
  25. Click ‘OK’.
  26. You should now see the report you created in the reports section.
  27. Run the report making sure it opens in Excel, you can then sum the total of the Duration field to find out the total time spent.

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi,

Is there a particular appointment type that the Ortho Therapists use when they see patients or do they use a number of different types?

0 Kudos
vivekkoul1
Canine II

Hi,

I have explored the reporting functionalities and did not find any fields specific to dental findings specific to charting we do in baseline. So my question is-

1. Can we report on the dental findings we record in R4. eg. I want to report on caries, missing teeth, restored teeth etc.

2. Secondly, we have R4 interfaced to HIS. We do scheduling in HIS and appointments flow to R4. Hence, is there any way that we can report on the attributes that are flowing from HIS to R4 ?

Thanks,

Dr. Vivek

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dear Dr Vivek,

Thank you for your questions, I don't believe it is possible to report on Clinical findings, similar to yourself I have looked through the reporting functions within R4+ and cannot find any way to do this, please feel free to log a suggestion in the 'Product Ideas' section at the link below.

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

With regards reporting on data that flows between your HIS and R4+, it is possible to report on appointment data which has been recorded in R4+, but I would require more specific information of what you are hoping to report on before I can be of any further help.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
vivekkoul1
Canine II

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

Regarding point no 2; the data which is flowing from HIS to R4 is patients demographics, Medical record number, location (as we have multiple locations), dentist name, service name (eg. oral surgery, prosthodontics, endodontics etc), Nationality.

These fields are are sent by the HIS through Hl7 messages.

Thanks and awaiting for your reply and feedback.

Regards,

Dr. Vivek 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Dr Vivek,

Thank you for the information relating to point 2, I suspect that some of the information from your HIS that is saved in R4+ will be reportable and some won't, it will be a case of attempting to make custom reports/queries for what you need and seeing which information is available.

Hope the above helps.

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
vivekkoul1
Canine II

Thanks Jon for your feedback,

I was wondering that all the information that is send through HIS will be saved in Caresteam database and is it not possible to retrieve that?

Also, as you said, it would require a custom build report. However, I have tried to build a custom report, but could not be able to select the fields (eg MRN no, Nationality, etc) because these are not available there and this information is coming from HIS. So does R4 require a new design to build those fields in front end application so that these could be used to build custom reports?

Thanks and awaiting for your feedback.

Regards,

Dr. Vivek

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Dr Vivek,

If you have already tried to create a custom report and the information you require is not available then it would be a product change to enable the functionality.

Please log a product change idea at the link below.

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Kudos