I work for a large NHS Health Board and we have just found out that Carestream is not going to be fully integrated for ePrior Approval and that we will have to submit our PAs via a web portal. It's my understanding that all details will manually have to be keyed into the web form which will be very time consuming, laborious and open to lots of errors.
I am very disappointed as I feel we have been mislead regarding ePrior Approval. It's my understanding that Carestream is the only software that isn't being fully integrated.
We now have eOrtho round the corner and I am deeply concerned that we will be in the same situation with this.
I look forward to hearing from you.
I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with any messaging we've given around Prior Approvals within CS R4+.
This is our initial release to help the practices meet the 1st October deadline of paper forms no longer being permitted, whilst still allowing us to address other customer needs with our resources and allow for a further release this year for all customers.
We are in receipt of the specification for the 3rd eDental phase – Ortho payments, and will revisit the prior approval integration as part of this work.
We are committed to supporting all of our NHS practices in all regions of the UK to continue working to regulations through CS R4+.
Please feel free to contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to talk through this further.
A further week has passed and I think we would all appreciate a further update on Eprior Approval integration. We remain very disappointed and very eager to see this issue sorted.
Dare I also mention the lack of an update to integrate the new codes for resin restorations in under 15s.
I am looking forward to a more acceptable response.
Hello Mr Kenny,
Unfortunately I don't have an update on the Prior Approval situation, but the new resin treatment codes for under 15's, along with a few other new treatment codes were released in v6.4 which the practice should have received a couple of months ago. You can check the version that you are running by clicking [Help] - [About], if for any reason you do not have the correct version please contact support and they will be able to get it sent to your practice.
Hello Mr Kenny,
Thank you for checking and clarifying which version of the software you are on, the good news is that you are on the correct veraion, so I can only assume that the code update has not run in. Which should be easy to rectify by following the below steps.
If this doesn't work let me know and I will get a support rep to contact you and assist.
I have received an email from PSD regarding the ePrior Approval starting on 1st October 2018 and they stated the following -
'Your PMS supplier will provide you with a link to the web form within your system which is available from version 6.5.0.'
When will version 6.5.0. be issued and what does this link actually mean. As far as I can see so far we have to use a webform available via https://nhsnss.org/services/practitioner/dental/payment-claims-and-fees/edental/guidance/
Can you advise please
The ePrior Approval service will be included on the latest update of R4 Clinical+, 6.5.1.
I can confirm that the disks for 6.5.1 started to go out last week, but unfortunately we cannot send the disk to customers who have not yet signed up online for the ePrior Approval service. If you have signed up already you should hopefully receive your disk soon.
Alternatively if you message me on here with your practice details I can check on our system to see whether the disk has been dispatched to your practice or not yet
Thank you for your responses.
As mentioned, we are reviewing how we can include the full PA functionality as part of the eOrtho release. We are working with Practitioner Services on the messaging going out to sites for both the Prior Approval project and the later planned eOrtho work.
We are also reviewing the documentation we can send to sites ahead of receiving the v6.5 release to help better understand the interim solution.
We will post updates on the Exchange as well as send communications directly to your practices. If you have more questions, please feel free to email me directly on email@example.com
With only 2.5 working weeks to go until e-prior approval is mandatory, we're still awaiting instructions from Carestream as to how to implement the "work-around". Indeed, the most recent communication I've had from Carestream was an entirely useless invite to attend a springboard workshop approximately 100miles away from our base in the biggest population centre in Scotland.... In England.
It is fair to say that PSD have been more pro-active in attempting to get R4 users set up on the online system, but I would REALLY appreciate an update on this from Carestream, who are the practice management system we were (not unreasonably) relying on to allow us to continue to work within the (not unexpected) new PSD requirements.
I am also looking for a FIRM commitment from Carestream as to when they will fully incorporate e-prior approval. Our practice principal is already looking seriously at the possibility of migrating to an alternative system, and has identified 2 he will be considering.
So R4 and it's lack of an integrated approach to e-prior approval is now becoming the subject of "jokes" in the dental community and we've still not had any further communication from Carestream. I agree, it's not funny in the slightest if you're a client of theirs, but wonder what it will take to actually get any firm commitment from them. Surely they can see this is damaging their brand reputation.
Thanks for you reply.
This is very interesting as I have correspondence with PSD stating that Carestream haven't yet committed to eOrtho via R4+ and orthotrac. Can you confirm if this is the case or have you committed?
I've previously mentioned in an earlier post about ePrior approval and eOrtho. Are we having to wait until 2019 for both to be fully integrated? This is unacceptable due to the sheer volume of web forms that we are potentially going to have to complete.
I am not really sure "further explanation" is what R4+ users are looking for.
As far as I am concerned this is about good customer support, something we pay dearly for and in this case don't seem to be getting.
I'd like to echo everything Claire has said.