cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnlynchoffice
Canine III

Accounts with credits

I have found some old accounts in our system that have credit balances on them.  I believe that the credit balances where created when the patients were deleted from our system after 7 years of not being patients or they died.  When they were deleted some had a balance and the accounts were never deleted.  I am not sure how to handle clearing this up.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Accounts with credits

@softdentgirl do you have any suggestions on this? 

0 Kudos

if you gave up on getting that money back you can write them off with a code 50 , that might work for your case 

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

I am sure you have learned that Accounts with Balanced or Credits should never be removed from system until account is reconciled. If there is no way of reconciling the credit balance and understanding is the balance is actually Zero. I recommend adding a debit adjustment to balance out account. You may want to create this adjustment type with its own label- Such as debit Adjustment to Balance InActive Account.

In my office Patient screens can be Marked Inactive provided there are no outstanding claims, but an ACCOUNT is not ever Marked inactive until 3 years, No balance, No credit, and no Legal/Collection activity on account.
This creates a System, balances and credits can throw SD AR numbers off course if not properly managed.
PT accounts with balance can be marked inactive, Accounts with balances/credits that are marked Inactive can be harder to trace.

Good Luck
0 Kudos