cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDA43920
Canine II

Compression

After a compression is done, shouldn't there be a transaction from the date of the compression that says stuff was compressed?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Compression

Yes, there should be a transaction item afterwards that indicates a compression was done, and will typically match the date of the last compressed item. I will attach a screenshot of what I mean. 

In this example, my patient had only transactions from the year 2000 and those transactions were all compressed successfully due to them not being marked as insurable or linked to outstanding claims.

The code that's left is a code 49.01 that matches the date of the compressed items.

I hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

I thought so. I wonder if they didn't have a balance or anything if it doesn't show up? I had an old patient return today and he had absolutely no previous transactions but definitely was here in the past. 

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

That would be correct. This scenario is less common, but if the patient has a $0 balance and their transactions are compressed entirely....their immediate ledger will just look totally empty and their prior transactions will only be visible in Trans History.

0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

Oh barnacles. It's fine, obviously. But I think it would be beneficial if they could change the process to include a "transactions compressed" code to utilize. The patient looks brand spanking new when they're really not. There's probably not a report I could to see how many of those we have, huh? since there's no transactions to report?
0 Kudos
KDA43920
Canine II

Also, is there an easy way to view transaction history?
0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Trans History is accessed via the Express Bar options menu while you're on the patient's ledger. If you're in the classic view, it should be listed in the "Options." However, the only report that SoftDent would have is one for patients that had a balance during the compression. You could run a transactions for a period report for the compression code that's left behind when that occurs. Since there is no code posted on the immediate ledger, there would be no good way of tracking this via SoftDent reporting. My only suggestion is that if you find a blank ledger...double-check the transaction history. 

An enhancement request to have a code left behind for $0 balance patients post-compression can be submitted on the Exchange, too!

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Use the "compression" option/tuility very wisely.  It is one directional.  Also, any transactions in the history file CANNOT be edited, even if you have the rights to do so.  Therefore, if there is a transactional error in the patient chart that needs to be corrected, but that transaction is compressed, you are out of luck.  Of course, no office would ever make a tooth or surface mistake EVER, right?  Finally, I also believe that any images related to the transactions that are compressed cannot be accessed.

0 Kudos