cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmw327
Canine III

Re: MS Office 2016 - Merge Letters

Cyndi,

Thanks for the Info. I glad to see I'm not alone with the issue.   If I come up with a solution i'll let you know.

bmw327
Canine III

Hi Ron,

I read the same thing and we have always put our clients on Office 2013 for this reason.  MS did an update that forced some computers to upgrade to Office 2016 without asking thru automatic updates.  If you look at some previous replies there is a person who has always been on 2016 and it was fine until the latest office update. The biggest issue I see is how long are you going to be able to get the downgrade to Office 2013.  This really needs to be addressed. 

I have had many calls regarding that issue , every time I will try something new
one of the cases ( the one that worked with me ) the were already and have always been on office 2016
uninstalled all updates happened in 2017 still same issue
disabled updates in Microsoft word settings
restored windows ( using system restore )  back 3 weeks to before any of these updates happened , after the reboot I was able to use word 2016 to merge letter .

0 Kudos
bmw327
Canine III

SD support has given me a fix.

Login as the administrator on the local computer.

cd c:\softdent\dlls

regsvr32 mergewizardstatus.ocx

click ok

regsvr32 mergewizardstatuslist.ocx

click ok

Merge letters should be working now.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello SoftDent Users,

So it looks as if Microsoft has realized the issue updating to Office 2016 via Office 365 has created issues for it's users and has a fix implemented. 

Please visit this link from Microsoft to learn more. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Common-controls-in-Office-ProPlus-display-a-license-error-o...

Our developers had created a fix but in testing to make sure it worked for everyone, Microsoft released the above statement.

Thanks for everyone's patience and we are hopeful anyone having the issue has access to what they need to fix it.

If you are still having issues please contact support for guidance. 

Jeremy Uriz juriz

C. Tyson Edwards tyson.edwards

bmw327
Canine III

Thanks for the update.  I will pass this along to my techs so they know

to get this update also.