cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mbrown
Canine III

Other vendor backup

Our IT support team is suggesting Barracuda backup for our server. Will this help our Softdent/Faircoms server? Does anyone else use Barracuda?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Other vendor backup

@ayman do you know? 

0 Kudos

to be honest , i've never heard of that software , but again i dont deal with 3rd party backup softwares 
if you wish we have ebackup as a service from carestream we can upload and backup your Softdent data and maintain it on our servers 
for 3rd party backups i believe the only condition or recommendation is to not be increment backup 

0 Kudos
mbrown
Canine III

Thanks, @ayman! I'll ask our vendor for more details about the type of backup. Barracuda is a combination of on- and off-site backup systems. Could we restore our Softdent from something like that?
0 Kudos

on site \ off site shouldn't affect Softdent , the only affect will be how secure and how quickly you can restore a backup if needed but softdent should be fine either ways 

just let your IT make sure they are backing up all Softdent files and if you use Eforms\Ereminders or on the scheduler version ie (116 or 117 )  to get a SQL backup included 
they can call support to discuss what are the necessary files to be included in a backup with each version\scenarios 

0 Kudos
mbrown
Canine III

I've let our IT folks know to contact y'all. I appreciate the info!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos