cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddsdpj
Canine II

Prevent Clinical Staff from Accidentally Posting Transactions in Charting Module

Our front desk does all billing and coding, so the clinical staff have no occasion to use the "inside work" view of the charting module. I would like to disable this feature for clinical staff members so that they cannot accidentally post transactions.

In the user rights, I tried unchecking "add transactions", while leaving all the boxes which correspond to treatment planning checked, which seemed to work. However, we discovered that this setting prevents staff from adding clinical conditions to teeth, such as missing or decay. Apparently these clinical conditions are treated as transactions.

Is there any way to only prevent users from adding billable codes, while retaining the right to add clinical conditions in the charts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Prevent Clinical Staff from Accidentally Posting Transactions in Charting Module

Hmm. This is interesting. I can look into this.

Can you email me so I can ask some questions?

tyson.edwards@csdental.com

ddsdpj
Canine II

Re: Prevent Clinical Staff from Accidentally Posting Transactions in Charting Module

@tyson_edward I sent the email, but am not sure that it went through. You can contact me directly at daniel.jones@maryland.gov.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
lverne
Canine II

This is a feature that was on charting years ago but for some reason was taken away.  They used to have a box to check to disable transactions to be posted for inside work charted.  I have been asking why this cannot be put back on for at least the last 5 years with no luck.  We have some charts that are incorrect and the work had been done in our office but before softdent and the chart is not able to reflect that because I was told the only way to chart the work was to put it as outside work.  If we put it as inside work with $0.00 fee you cannot look at transactions for dates you then have to go through patient notes to find the correct date treatment was performed.  Not real productive.   Not all offices post everything from charting but it seems like that they try to push you to do it like that.  We are a specialty office and this is not practical for us.  Maybe if more offices request it they will put it back on.