Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
doctom4300
Premolar III

Printing appointments

Jump to solution

From the patient info screen, I press S to bring up all the patients appointment. I can then press P to print the list out. How can I get that list to *not* show today's appointment? The patient has already finished today's appointment, their treatment is posted and they are checked out. But today's appointment still shows up on the list of appointments.

If I click the "show next appointment only" box, it doesn't show today's appointment (yay!), but it only shows 1 future appointment. After scheduling 2 SRP appointments as well as a comp appointment, I'd like all 3 of the future appointments to show up.

Thanks in advance!

-Brenda

13 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Printing appointments

Jump to solution

As soon as you check the appointment out it should disappear out of the appointment view. What version of SoftDent are you on? If you are not on v17 consider updating. 

doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution
We are on 17.1.
But... it just occurred to me that we don't use the Check Out option on the menu. We just select the patient, type 'pta', which takes us to the add screen in the patient's transactions, and post the treatment from there.
Once upon a time I knew why we didn't use the Check Out option. I'll have to figure that out again, and see if it's still an issue.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

No the check turned off Check Out is not the issue. I tested that theory as well. You do not need to have that turned on if you were using PTAP shortcut from the schedule. 

My other thought is this. Check System> Start up preferences on your workstation. See if the Refresh view is set to zero. If it is change it to at least 1 minute and then Ok the window to save. The next patient you check out go back to S ( appointments) and see if today's appointment is gone. I will wait to hear back.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Tina, 

I thought it printed all appointments that had not been converted to History appointments (by running the Missed Appointments Report).  What did you find when you tested?  Were you able to checkout/post the appt, then when printing not see today's?  Are you working in the tutorial or a live database?  Just trying to help solve the mystery.  

Danelle

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

It would be a little strange if after posting today's treatment, I had to run the Missed Appointments report before printing the patient's future appointments.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

You aren't able to run the Missed Appointments Report until the following day - running for today's date would cause major issues.  However, I was telling Tina, that running the report would convert the appointments to History Appointments so they won't show when printing the outstanding appointments list.  I'm curious what she found in her testing.  I have a tutorial database I can test on, however I'm not sure it would be accurate, so I'm hoping she is testing in live data. 

Rest assured, we have this on our radar, and are looking for a solution for you!  

@softdentgirl , @tsalcido , @ayman ... any other ideas on this?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

it only disappears if you use Checkout or if you have the scheduler settings, set to remove appointment after posting (I do not recommend this), otherwise the appointments only clear after running the missed appointment report the next day. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

not if you use check out, but you do still need to run the missed appointment report.

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

If we start using Checkout, today's appointments won't print when we print the patient's future appointments, correct?

0 Kudos