cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Heat_z0ne
Canine II

Reindexing Error for Spawn.dat file "SDWin DBM Error, File No. 663, PROGRAM, Error=14 "

During reindexing SPawn.dat only error "SDWin DBM Error, File No. 663, PROGRAM, Error=14 ".

Restore from backup no evil ...

Any Solution... 'spawnError.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Reindexing Error for Spawn.dat file "SDWin DBM Error, File No. 663, PROGRAM, Error=14 &quot

Hello,

If you are on v17.x the spawn.dat (Program) and the Visanet_Transactions.dat (Visanet Transactions) files should be excluded from the files list when running Rebuild Reindex and Find Repair Corrupt Records utilities.

If you already ran the utilities and it crashed on the spawn.dat. You will get the above error showing in your screenshot. To fix the issue you have 2 options:

1. Copy the Spawn.dat and Spawn.idx from your backup and paste it to your SoftDent folder on the server and click on replace all when asked.
  2. If you don't have a backup, you can search for the Spawn.dat and Spawn.dx files in your SoftDent folder on the server and rename them to Old_Spawn.dat and Old_Spawn.idx , then log in to SoftDent and the software will force those 2 files to be recreated.
Heat_z0ne
Canine II

Re: Reindexing Error for Spawn.dat file "SDWin DBM Error, File No. 663, PROGRAM, Error=14 &

Thaanks for fast reply.

I excluded spawn.dat (Program) and the Visanet_Transactions.dat (Visanet Transactions) files  after renaming Spawn.dat and Spawn.dx, Re-index went through without any problem but now i am getting this error when i open softdent.. Thanks a lot in advance..

SoftDent.png

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Reindexing Error for Spawn.dat file "SDWin DBM Error, File No. 663, PROGRAM, Error=14 &

I would advise to make sure that everyone is out of SoftDent and reboot your Server. If you still getting the same error message when you log in to SoftDent then at this point I will advise to contact the Support Line at 866-435-7473 because most probably you have some sort of corruption or data loss.

We will have to run what we call the Ninja Fix utilities to fix the issue. It's a complicated series of steps and utilities that need to be ran by support.

0 Kudos