cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

SoftDent: 2021 CDT Code Installation Guide

The SoftDent 2021 CDT Codes are now available! You can find the installation guide attached, and additional information here

This guide contains instructions for using the CDT 2021 Update Utility to update the CDT codes in
SoftDent practice management software and is intended for users running SoftDent, v14.0.3 and
higher.
Note: If you are using a version of SoftDent prior to v14.0.3, you must upgrade or add the codes
manually.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
mdunham
First Molar I

Re: SoftDent: 2021 CDT Code Installation Guide

Have the fixed the issue in which when new codes are imported that SD OVERWRITES ALL office descriptions of that ADA code?     

NEW CODES should not overwrite our other ADA code descriptions. 

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Unfortunately, no this has not been resolved yet. As of now, running the 2021 CDT Update will revert descriptions of default codes back to their original descriptions.
0 Kudos
mdunham
First Molar I

PLEASE fix this,  Simpy ADD the new codes with a description, Inactivate Deleted ADA codes, leave the rest alone.   This is a horrible waste of users time, it is so very frustrating.  which is why I manually add our ADA codes in each year unless there are a high number of changes.

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@tshaw can we get some some developers to look at this, and get a change request made?

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will get this sent to development!

tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdunham  After reaching out to development, they informed me that this defect has been added to their list and will be fixed in a future version.

drcavola
First Molar I

Well, that give us something to look forward to.  Namely the 2022 CDT codeset with the defect corrected.

0 Kudos
mdunham
First Molar I

Excellent news! Thank you!
0 Kudos