cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

Suppressing a statement if insurance is pending

When I print the monthly statements, I would like to suppress statements that have insurance pending. What settings do I need to change to make that happen?

I thought I had this working for a couple cycles, but I must have changed a setting that I don't remember changing and I can't figure it out. 

Thanks!

6 Replies
michmelon
Canine III

Re: Suppressing a statement if insurance is pending

ICM needs to be set differently

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

We have almost all ICMs set to 2. What should they be set to?

0 Kudos
michmelon
Canine III

If you set to ICM 1 it will not send a statement until all pending insurance is back.

doctom4300
Premolar III

But we collect an estimated payment at the time of service.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Brenda, 

Michelle is correct, if you set your accounts to ICM1 no statement will be generated until all pending insurance is back. This is a great method, but be careful that you stay on top of your insurance claims because a statement will not go out until they are closed. Also, you are still able to collect the estimated patient share up front, however the system does not prompt/force you to do so.  The patient's share is displayed on the appointment card prior to checking out, as well as in the details on each individual ledger line item, however it is NOT displayed at the bottom of the transaction ledger - there you will see the entire balance is considered pending insurance share until the claim is paid.  Perhaps you can try this method on a few accounts first to see how you like it? 

Hope this helps! 

Danelle 

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

What else is affected by setting the ICM to 1?

0 Kudos