cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

processing treatment letters

Jump to solution

When we receive an electronic treatment letter, I import it into the patient's documents in SoftDent and then put the patient's chart on the doctor's desk with a note telling him that a treatment letter has been imported.

I know he likes having the treatment letters imported, but I also know it takes him longer to read and respond to the letters this way (vs. clipping a printed letter to the front of the chart).

Is there a way within SoftDent to give him a list of patients and he can just go down the list looking at the most recent treatment letter for each patient?

I'm thinking of the Contact Expert lists, but I can't figure out how to create a list with just a few select patients on it (well, I can figure out one way, but it's very cumbersome - give the patient's a user code, create a report and "print" it to the Contact Expert, and then remove the user code so they won't show up on the list next time).

Importing the treatment letters is a new thing for us, so maybe I'm missing something very obvious. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
uniondental
Canine III

Re: processing treatment letters

Jump to solution

Take a look at the Document Review Queue.  It would allow you to click any staff member that you want to take a look at the imported document and leave notes and refer back for action if needed.  If you go to the help and enter "Document Review Queue" you will get a detailed instruction page.  Hope it helps.

callton
Premolar II

Jump to solution

I used the Document Review Queue until I discovered the doctor wasn't seeing the documents unless I also told him they were there.  There are way to many steps involved!  You should get a pop-up when you log in to alert you to look.  IMO.  

0 Kudos
uniondental
Canine III

Jump to solution

If you have the doctor set up to use Practice Central and Move the Review Queue to the top of the page so it's the first thing he sees it might help.  Just be sure to have practice central start from his unique login name.

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

The Document Review Queue is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

It doesn't bother me that SD doesn't alert the doctor because we still use paper charts and I still have to put that on his desk. That'll be his "alert". Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

Jump to solution

He doesn't use Practice Central & wasn't interested....a pop up would get his attention, though! 

I love Practice Central though I wish I could also see the next day to be prepared ahead for HIPAA, x-rays, etc.  On my wish list!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

you can use today's memos for a pop-up when he logges in 
just disable practice central from system ,startup preferences , uncheck show practice central 
then add a memo with the date you want that pop-up to show for the dr with the needed information , you can also attach  it to a patient or an account for easy access 

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar II

Jump to solution

So it sounds like I still have to take the steps to create a memo....I want the pop-up option integrated into importing the document.

0 Kudos