cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
critter708
Canine II

treatment plan notes

Is there an option to turn off treatment plan notes in softdent version 18, or a way to not have them use the default note, and so the treatment plan notes would be blank? 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: treatment plan notes

Just emailed the product line manager to see if this option is included in the V18 update

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tyson_edwards adding you to the conversation. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

I'd call Support, ask for a level 2 tech, and let them know that you need to review your notes as it related to providers, default notes, and generic notes ... sometimes team members who get overzealous can make those notes come up on treatment plans unintentionally.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

We have this checkbox in the Chart Options window but there was a bug associated with it bc it didn't work in certain scenarios.

• Checking the box will include Default Tx Plan notes
  • Unchecking the box will NOT include the text.

The bug is fixed in V19 so if you try it in your version and it's not working then it will work in V19.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-08-at-10.47.01-AM.jpg

pksaari79
First Molar I

V. 18 has just come out....when is V. 19 coming out, to fix this critical bug? Will there be an updated version for 18, prior to V. 19 that might fix this??
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Kay!  

The timeline has been ramped up rather quickly and I feel like we're going to see v19 before we know it.  Unlike in the past where we stayed on a version number for a long time, we'll progress rapidly through the next few to accommodate all the software changes folks have been requesting that we are implementing.  We don't want offices to be wary of going up a version number because unlike the past there shouldn't be long periods of time between them.  Maybe @tyson_edwards can shed a little light on the projected timeline.  (Also, he and @Nina-Gilbert will be at the GOHS in Nov 2019 if you want to catch them face to face.)  Keep an eye out on The Exchange Community, and we'll be sure to post when the next update is available and what changes are included.  

As of right now we are shipping CDs for v18.   If you have trouble with the Treatment Plan Notes checkbox, it will function as it does in previous versions and put the default clinical note templates into treatment plan notes.  They can be removed/backspaced/deleted just like they currently are.  

Sorry for any inconvenience! 

Danelle 

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

OK, I will be at the Summit this year so I hope to get some good information and clarification on the direction of Softdent.  See you there!!

Kay

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Personally, this is more about the "corporate" decisions (or lack thereof) over the last decade about upgrades, software and otherwise, versus hardware upgrades required to run the software upgrades ...

It all started with the "New" Scheduler.  One of the main reasons why very few offices went for it, as a percentage of the Softdent user base, was because offices were gun shy about the need to upgrade their hardware to run the Scheduler well.  A lot of money, time and research was spent on getting this version ready to go.  But unfortunately it didn't go over well.  

Fast forward to current time.  So instead of following the history of upgrade trends, major and maintenance, now "corporate" has decided to change the Softdent versions without the major features ... instead they'll fix many of the defects of previous versions and call in version x or version y.

Sort of like a new paint job on your Yugo, thinking it's now a Ferrari ... but under the hood it's still a Yugo.

0 Kudos