cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susihomestead54
Canine III

Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Clinical History

Hello!  I am a new RDH, new to Softdent and our office is in the process of going paperless.  I have noticed that on many patients that have been part of our practice for many years that PREVIOUS IN HOUSE work that has been billed out and APPEARS IN CLINICAL HISTORY tab does NOT appear on the restorative chart.  HOW do I chart this work without it billing out?  I do not want it to appear as OUT HOUSE work!  Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
lverne
Canine II

Re: Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Clinical History

We too have this problem.  Years ago there used to be an option in charting under chart, chart properties, that you could pick so that it in house procedures would not automatically go to the patient ledger.  For some reason they took that option away so we have had to chart procedures as outside work and check the patient clinical notes or ledger if there is a question whether we performed the work or not, not very practical.  I have asked several times why this was taken away and no one seems to remember this option. We have had softdent for over 20 years and it definitely was there.    I have given up, thinking maybe this was just a  problem we were having.  

Maybe there will be something in the future to correct this.

0 Kudos
mbw1228
Canine II

Re: Charting previous in house work that is not appearing on the restorative chart BUT appears in Clinical History

Kelly - it may just be that those transactions have been compressed, if that is the case on your computer, open any patient chart, select Chart>Options>make sure CHART HISTORY TRANSACTIONS is selected. This is a workstation specific setting.

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hello Kelly and LaVonne,

Did Mary Beth's response help?  

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
susihomestead54
Canine III

Hi LaVonne...Thank you for reaching out...Ok so I am not alone in this...today I did what Mary Beth suggested...Chart History Transactions was already selected...this is frustrating...

Kelly

0 Kudos
susihomestead54
Canine III

Hi Mary Beth,

I am sorry to say that your suggestion did not work.  Chart History Transactions is and was already selected.  I am now trying to figure out IF there was a YEAR when the prior years the transactions stopped appearing on the restorative chart...am I making sense?  OR...could it be something to do with the patient's insurance changing? I do not know I am just learning this system as I mentioned...so my understanding is that when a restoration is complete/transaction complete...it shows up on the restorative chart...YES???????  And what change has occurred with Softdent where PREVIOUS transaction will not appear.  For me this is not an isolated incidence...this is an issue for many of our patient's charts (those that have been with us for many years)

0 Kudos
susihomestead54
Canine III

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the follow up.  Unfortunately no, Mary Beth's suggested did not help as Chart History Transactions is and was already selected... below is my response to Mary Beth...

Hi Mary Beth,

I am sorry to say that your suggestion did not work.  Chart History Transactions is and was already selected.  I am now trying to figure out IF there was a YEAR when the prior years the transactions stopped appearing on the restorative chart...am I making sense?  OR...could it be something to do with the patient's insurance changing? I do not know I am just learning this system as I mentioned...so my understanding is that when a restoration is complete/transaction complete...it shows up on the restorative chart...YES???????  And what change has occurred with Softdent where PREVIOUS transaction will not appear.  For me this is not an isolated incidence...this is an issue for many of our patient's charts (those that have been with us for many years)

I am unsure of how to proceed.  If I chart it as in-house it will re-bill the patient.  I want it to appear as IN House so that at a quick glance at the restorative I can see that it was a restoration that WE DID.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Kelly

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Kelly,

Let me add a few people here and see if they can help.  Thank you.

softdentgirl

d.canales

bert

mwieder

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Just a thought; is it possible that the procedures you are looking to "see" as Inside Work do not show graphically?  Such as scaling and root planning?

This is a work around but gives you the "look" you are asking for; but you could try adding "Inside Work" procedures to Initial chart, they will show up blue but not be billed out. In a clinical note you could note how and why those were added. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Kelly!  

Let me ask you this: is it specific procedures that are not showing, or all previously charted work?  Is it the same for every patient?   I ask, because I have experienced situations in the past where the codes have changed and/or the office was using codes that were not set up to chart graphics, so I'm hoping understanding your situation will better help us to correct it.  If you have some specific patient examples, that will help us tremendously to troubleshoot.  

Also, as Meryl just pointed out, you CAN post work that will show in blue (inside work) but not charge the patient - you need to use the Chart Mode toolbar to set your mode to Initial Chart - Inside Work.  

Please note, when you initially select this mode the chart will temporarily appear blank as all work performed in your office is hidden (because it was done after the initial visit, and the chart is displaying as it did at the first visit) however, after adding the procedures, once you go back to the current chart mode everything else will re-appear.  

Hope this helps! 

Danelle

0 Kudos