cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smiles5874
Canine III

Color Coding the Schedule Softdent

How do you color code the schedule for specific procedures?  I would like to block certain times on my hygiene schedule for greater productions.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
vrodriguez
Canine III

Re: Color Coding the Schedule Softdent

Good morning Vanetta. To better assist you with this, I would need to know the version of Softdent that you are running. 

0 Kudos
smiles5874
Canine III

We are running the version V16.2.4.  Thanks

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

Thank you for the info. So since you are using the classic scheduler, you can set up and use the "color scheduling" feature. Although the appointment block colors will not be color coded to the specific procedure(s), there is a way to distinguish them among other appointments. Additionally, a warning will be displayed if an appointment outside of the configured code or code range is created. For example, if you set up a time range on your scheduler for exams only and a crown placement appointment is attempted to be made, Softdent will warn you of this.  

The first step in setting this up is by going to system>>change system settings>>scheduler.

You want to make sure that the "enable color scheduling" option is selected (see below screenshot)

Next step is to create your template(s) by going to scheduler>>set up goals and colors>>set up color groups. You will see a screen that looks like this (see below screenshot)

Once here, although your screen may look different than this, this is where you can setup your color scheduling groups. 

1. Select add

2. Provide a name of the description/procedure

3. Enter a minimum and maximum code range. The min/max $ columns are not a frequently used option and can be left blank if so desired

4.  Double click on the colored box in the far right hand column

5. Click on the desired color to assign to the group then click OK to save the color

6. Click OK to save the color group

7. Repeat the above steps to create additional color groups

Once you have created all of your color groups, it is now time to place them on your scheduler.

Go to scheduler>>set up goals and colors. At the top left of the scheduler, you want to pull the drop down and select "default daybook"

You will now see your appointment book again however there will be no appointments on there. Do not worry as the actual appointments are still there. The software is just giving you a clear look at the scheduler. 

On the toolbar of the scheduler, you will see three options that you may not have seen before, "choose color" "mark" "paint"

First start by deciding where you want to start color scheduling. For example. column 1 between 8am - 10am Hygiene exams only.

Select choose color. This will bring up the color group screen that you created earlier. Double click on the desired group. This will bring you back to your scheduler. The color of the group will be reflected by the small color box to the left of the "choose color option". (see below)

Next, you want to start marking on your scheduler the selected group. There are two different ways to do this. the "mark" option will color one segment at a time, while the "paint" option will color the entire column from whichever segment you started on. If you are looking only to color a specific time frame such as 8am - 10am. you want to use the mark option. If you want to color an entire column, you will use paint. 

Assuming that I want to mark 8am - 10am for hygiene appointments only, my scheduler will look something like this 

Note that the vertical line to the left of the column reflects the color I've chosen as well as the description (Hygiene) in the appointment block.

Below, I have created an appointment for a crown in my hygiene slot. Note the red X denoting that this is an incorrectly placed appointment.

This will allow you to be able to correct misplaced appointments.

I hope this information has helped you out. Of course if you are still unsure of the steps and need a more hands on approach, do not hesitate to contact one of our support reps at 866-435-7473

Thank you

smiles5874
Canine III

Thank you Victor for this information.  This is excellent, however I have one other questions, do I have to go to each day and repeat the process? i.e. Is there a way that to do this where it will duplicate itself on all office days of the schedule after it is done once?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

That is an excellent question. The answer is yes. Once you have set up all of your color scheduling for say a week, you can then copy that week for approximately 21 months. Below are the steps:

1. If copying a day, make sure that in your scheduler you are on the specific day that you would like to copy. If copying a week, you can be in ANY day of that week in the scheduler.

2. Select scheduler>> set up goals and colors>>copy colors

3. Select either this day or this week from the left side of the box (the from side)

4. Choose an option from the to side on the right. 

5. The drop down arrows will open a calendar in order for you to choose a copy to date.

6. Select OK and a date verification box will appear.

7. Select yes and allow the software to process the request. It can take several seconds to several minutes, depending on the amount of data that you're copying. 

I hope this information help and again, if you run into any issues, do not hesitate to contact us. 

smiles5874
Canine III

Thank you Victor.  You have helped m,e tremendously. 

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

Not a problem at all Vanetta. I'm glad I was able to help.

dkhoury
Canine II

Will this apply to version 16.2.3?

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

Denise,

Yes, the aforementioned steps are applicable through the latest version (16.2.8)

0 Kudos