cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dental3208
Canine III

File error #22

We've been experiencing an incredible number of file error #22s since we went to wireless wifi work stations, for only after the fact to come to know it wouldn't make life easier. I know it is a network error, but has this happened to anyone else and found some type of work around? We've had utilities run a few times to try and fix it, but it always comes back down to something in the network that nobody can definitively tell us what it is. We have brand new high speed wifi and brand new workstations. 

Also - we just had to adjust our network settings a few hours ago for the 'Global Image Pathway' and now these errors are popping up every few minutes. Its incredibly frustrating - any help? chriscornett‌ 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: File error #22

Good morning Greta
file error #22 This can be caused by network connectivity issues or in cases where the mapped drive on a workstation is mapped directly to the Softdent folder on the server machine.
that means that running utilities is not going to help with this error 
the fact that you are using wireless network is definitely a factor as the connection will not be as stable as wired connection 
checking power management options for wireless to make sure it is not being slowed down or even goes to sleep while connection is not being actively used is something to start with 
making sure that mapped drive are mapped 1 level above softdent folder 
though moving to wired connection is the ultimate solution for this error 

0 Kudos
dental3208
Canine III

Thanks! We are looking into re-wiring our work stations. 

When I check a workstation, how do I know that it is mapped directly to the Softdent folder on our server? Is it something I would be able to change or is support a better option to login? 

For power management options, should I disable the 'go to sleep' feature on our workstations so they're consistently on and don't go to sleep as well?

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

i checked mapped drive and they are all mapped correctly to one level up , changed power managment options to not turn off HDD and to have wireless and NIC on all the time 
hope these changes help 

0 Kudos

dental3208
Hey Greta 
did these changes help ?

0 Kudos
dental3208
Canine III

Yes!! Those changes are working great - especially for the laptop that was hardwired in. He hasn't gotten any file error #22s since we changed the 'sleep' setting. One of the other work stations did, but it was because it wasn't plugged in to the power source. Thanks again ayman‌!! 

perfect , sure welcome anytime

0 Kudos