cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

How do you create a Wait List for your SoftDent Scheduler

I want to be able to have a short call list and get people onto the schedule quickly as openings (cancellations) occur.  How can I do that?  (probably need to consider that there are two different SoftDent schedulers, too)

[source: karen‌ - thanks for your question]

Labels (1)
17 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: How do you create a Wait List for your SoftDent Scheduler

I am sure one of the trainers will get you great link.  BUT, we use this ALOT with the regular scheduler, it's very easy.  If you cancel a patient in Softdent and right click when it comes off the schedule, there are several options.  One is to place the appointment in tickler or  in short call tickler.  To find these patients, you run Reports.....Recall Appointment.....Short Call List.  We run it to preview to peruse through it and call accordingly.  In the appointment notes, we try to put in info that might help us know to call them, like when they need certain days or certain times or after a certain time.  MORE CHARACTERS WOULD BE HELPFUL, SOFTDENT!!    This is also helpful if a patient can't get in for awhile, we may go ahead and book them, and on the appointment mark it a short call with a note on when they want in sooner.  Again, on the reports you get the short call list for those who do not have appointments as well as those who have existing appointments.  Very helpful depending on what you are trying to fill.  And once you put out calls and the person calls, you can go to that appointment time, add the person and if they have ticklers, that FORMER info will come up if you say yes.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you, pksaari79 for your quick response!  Everything you said is "right on the money!". 

karen‌, if you would like to read more about our Tickler file and it's functionality, you can click the "?" in the upper left hand corner of your scheduler, our help files will open, select the search tab, then search for the word "tickler".  There are documents on adding appointments to the tickler, scheduling from the tickler, etc.  These should expand upon the groundwork that Kay has laid above.  

Have a wonderful day! 

Danelle

Community Manager
Community Manager

karen‌ we have also added a few pieces of content pertaining to this topic in The Exchange community.

Here are the links:

SoftDent: Running the Short Call List Report 

SoftDent: Using the Tickler 

SoftDent: Scheduling Tickler Appointments 

karen
Premolar I

Thanks for your reply Kay! We did try this and are not seeing the options? What version of softdent are you all using? We are using 16.2.4. The only option we have is for short call in the drop down menu. 

pksaari79
Premolar III

We are on 16.2.4 also with the regular scheduler.  Where is your drop down that you are referring to?  You are first on the scheduler to cancel an appointment.  When you cancel this appointment, it comes off the schedule.  At that point, right click the appointment that has come off the scheduler and those are the options that I am talking about....reschedule, put in tickler, put in short call etc.  If you put them in tickler, you will then find their name under List (at the top next to File), Tickler file (way down once the List opens) and then go into that to find that patient.  Make sense??  I believe Tiffany has provided several links to this....maybe one of them makes more sense!!  

Community Manager
Community Manager

karen‌ when you select an appointment, and then click Cancel you should be able to right click on the appointment when it is floating to see additional options.

You can also drag and drop an appointment in one of the filing cabinet icons to the right of the appointment book

(top is tickler list and bottom is short call tickler)

karen
Premolar I

When I single click the apt. on the apt. book, a pop up appears with the option to 'cancel' 'break' 'fail' 'delete' my only drop down option is for short call if I choose to cancel the apt. Perhaps I am in the wrong screen altogether? If I try to right click on that apt. the reschedule screen goes away altogether... 

karen
Premolar I

Danelle, I tried to click the "?" icon on the scheduler and it's either not functioning or SoftDent needs to fix an error =(

pksaari79
Premolar III

Seeing is believing!!  That's what I was trying to explain but visual is SOOOO much better.  Good job, Tiffany!!