cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callton
Premolar I

Images Disappearing

Yesterday we had a full mouth series do a disappearing act.  This is the second time we have had this happen - both times with a new patient in the chair so it is not a great first impression!  Our assistant took the FMX and could see the whole series on her screen and then the screen was blank.  We have the "autosave" setting checked but they were gone.  Anyone else have this issue?  

0 Kudos
28 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: Images Disappearing

It's happened to us, on more occasions than I'd like to admit.  A couple of things to check ...

1.  If TW (assuming ur using CS's imaging) was already open in another patient's chart, then those images may be in 

another patient's record.

2.  Sometimes the images will be on the local drive .... try this, but allow some time, as it takes a number of minutes:

Open the patients chart, File, then click on Execute KDIS/TW image integration utility.  This will scan the local drive

for those images.  Works occasionally.

3.  Look in the "locally/off the network" KDIS/TW or CS imaging software.  You access this by opening that program

outside of Softdent on the local computer, then take a look around for those images stored there.

Good luck!

callton
Premolar I

Thank you, dr.cavola‌, I will try these suggestions!

sreeder
Premolar II

juriz‌ did you want to add to Ron Cavola's suggestion?

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar I

Unfortunately, none of these suggestions worked for us. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thanks sreeder‌,

I'm working with the development team to get to the bottom of it. As dr.cavola‌ has pointed out this is a long standing issue. 

drcavola
Premolar III

Carrie,

Check your workstation and look at imaging options/preferences/save - the box "automatically save new images" should be checked.  If it is (w/o changing it) then those images should be somewhere.

I know it's a burger to find, but chances are they are in another patients images ..... you just have to look at the schedule for that day(s) and start searching.  Access their clinical images (six ways to Sunday to do this), and once you see a FMS that shouldn't be there - bingo!

Good luck!! 

callton
Premolar I

Auto save is on - checking the local drive is almost impossible as it freezes the work station.  Took an hour to do that!  Looked in other charts from that day to no avail.  Thank you for all of your tips, though!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Were you using the Auto FMS option to take the full mouth series in? You must be careful when exiting that screen. 

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

This is still an open question - why does it keep getting marked assumed answered? sreeder

0 Kudos