cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barbhouser
Premolar I

Insurance set up

Is there a way to attach a tertiary insurance plan in the patient screen?  We have patients who have insurance through themselves, a spouse and a parent.  Right now, after the secondary insurance has paid, I have to take out that insurance and put in the tertiary.  Submit the insurance (without really submitting it), put in a zero dollar insurance payment and then print out another secondary claim form.  I have to white-out secondary and write in tertiary claim on the top of the claim form.  And then delete the zero dollar insurance payment from the patient's transactions.

I also see a need for more than 4 guarantors.  When you have 5 children and they all have their own insurance through the state, I have make another account to accommodate all of the guarantors.  Having 2 accounts is confusing for the parents.  

Labels (1)
10 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Insurance set up

Tagging softdentgirl‌, chriscornett

0 Kudos

Hey Barb , the only way to submit tertiary insurance is what you are doing now 
indeed there is a need to add 3 insurances ability to SoftDent 
if i were you i would create 5 accounts ( i know that sounds sarcastic ), but it is less confusing than accounts 
tyson.edwards do you have any info if this will be changed soon ?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This will not be in V17 but will add to backlog for possible V17.1 implementation later this year.

Thanks for submitting! Keep em' coming!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

- Ability to add more than 4 guarantors - barbhouser how many would be best?

- Ability to add tertiary insurance.

barbhouser
Premolar I

Yes we would like both of those things. Maybe 6 guarantors would be good and tertiary insurance. There's just so many steps we have to do right now.

Thank you!

Barb

0 Kudos
barbhouser
Premolar I

Yes please consider it for 17.1!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The issue stems on the ADA Form.

There is only a place for Primary and Secondary Insurance 

SoftDent lets you add 4 Dental insurances and 4 medical insurances per patient 

The ADA only has a place for 2

as for needing more guarantors for siblings, that is incorrect (you only need to add the state insurance for the Guarantor)

at the plan level, you just need to click the box that states Treat This patient as guarantor. This ignores the insured and makes the patient the responsible party.

barbhouser
Premolar I

Thank you Wendy we think this will work in some cases and we never know there was that option.

Barb

jmerhar
Premolar I

Our biggest issue is people with three insurance's.  When they have multiple dates of service and claims being paid from one of the three insurance companies, then you need to switch primary and secondary, but just for that two seconds while you submit the current claim you are working on (make sure you send the entire batch right then to before you switch it back to whatever the other claims need to be on).  And of course when all claims are finally back, make sure you have it switched correctly to start all over again when they come back six months later.