cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

Preferred Contact

We installed SoftDent 16 over the weekend. I see we can now set a preferred contact for each patient. Is there a way to see that information from the Confirm Appointment screen without opening up the patient information screen?

10 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: Preferred Contact

Going by the lack of response, I'm going to assume there is no way to see the preferred method of contact from the confirmation screen.

The preferred method of contact also does not appear on the printed confirmation list report.

How was the preferred method of contact intended to be used?

drcavola
Premolar III

It's my understanding that the Preferred contact is only edited in the Patient Screen.  It's viewed many different places, including the confirmation lists, as logic suggests, but as far as editing .... just through the patient screen.

The idea is so that Mrs. Jones says to call her on her home phone all the time, she doesn't use her email, and doesn't use her cell phone but just occasionally.  Softdent then highlights in yellow, her home phone.  It's as simple as that.

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

But I *don't* see anywhere other than the patient screen. I don't see it in the confirmation list, nor in the Confirm Appointment screen.

Is there a setting I need to change?

0 Kudos
rakeshpateldds
Canine II

How do I get to the part of highlighting their preferred contact

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

At the bottom of the patient information screen there's a drop down box that lets you choose between Home, Work, Cell, and EMail. After making a choice, that choice will then be highlighted in the patient information screen.

Ron Cavola indicated above that the choice is then visible (although not editable) in the confirmation lists. I'm not seeing that.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

The color shows on the Patient Screen, but on the confirmation list, it is bold.

0 Kudos
jbagwell
Canine II

As of right now, the preferred contact shows at the top of the appointment card in bold. If email is selected it will show as "Zoom for eMail". Clicking the yellow Z at the bottom will pop up a more descriptive appointment card showing the email in bold.

You cannot yet view the preferred contact in the confirmation screen.

I hope this helps

rakeshpateldds
Canine II

Thanks

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

doctom4300‌,  on the scheduler you can see the preferred contact displayed in bold, however once you right click and select the confirmation screen you no longer see what has been marked as the preferred contact.   This is a nice enhancement request we can pass along to our developers.