cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orlando
Canine III

Supernumerary with decay

Jump to solution

Can any one tell me how to chart and bill for decay on a supernumerary tooth.  I am new to this system and not sure how to do it.  Please and Thank you!!!

4 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Supernumerary with decay

Jump to solution

orlando‌, check out the attached article for charting supernumerary teeth.

0 Kudos
orlando
Canine III

Jump to solution

I read that, and understand now how to mark it in the chart, but how to I mark decay/ restoration on that tooth?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ADA codes that require a tooth number such as extractions can be posted to supernumerary teeth, but it has to be posted manually to the patient's transaction screen. Add the ADA code, then enter the supernumerary tooth number in the "Tooth" drop-down box.

Per the Current Dental Terminology, supernumerary teeth in the secondary dentition are numbered 51 through 82, where tooth 51 is the supernumerary tooth that corresponds with tooth 1, 52 is the supernumerary tooth that corresponds with tooth 2, and so forth.  There is also a similar numbering system for supernumerary teeth in the primary dentition.  The letter S may follow the letter identifying the adjacent primary tooth. For example, AS would refer to the supernumerary corresponding to tooth A, TS would refer to the supernumerary of tooth T, and so forth.

Because supernumerary teeth are considered conditions on the chart, they cannot be charted as extracted or perio charted. Work cannot be posted on supernumerary teeth in the chart.

orlando
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you!