cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awkessler12
Canine III

TRANSFERING A PATIENT TO THEIR ON ACCOUNT AND XRAYS

Jump to solution

I am trying to transfer a patient to their on account. I also need to transfer xrays for the patient. How do you do this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: TRANSFERING A PATIENT TO THEIR ON ACCOUNT AND XRAYS

Jump to solution

This one is easy .... in the Patient Screen there is an option "Move Patient".  Click on the option, then you'll be prompted to answer yes or no to "Move Patient?".  Click on yes, then the next prompt is "Create New Account?"  with the choices of yes or no.  Click yes, and you have created a new account for that patient.  Click no if you know which account to move that patient, as the account list comes up.  The images move I know for sure.  The balance, if any, will move to the newly moved Patient and/or Account.  There are two caveats, as far as I know.  Caveat #1 - best not to move when there is an outstanding claim as the outstanding claims don't move.  Caveat #2 - the transactions don't move.  The "old" patient record will be noted with an underscore as well as documentation is the patient record where it was moved to - which Account number.

awkessler12
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you for answering my question. I did figure that out but did not realize the outstanding claim did not transfer also. So now my problem is I added the charges back (to send a new claim to new insurance company) to the patient on the new account and just deleted the balance transfer thinking this would balance out in the end. Well the accounts receivable is off the $150 that I deleted. What code do I use to make this right? I'm so confused on this part. Thanks in advance.  Dana

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Here's what I'd do .... in the "new" patient transaction screen, just reduce/credit the balance by $150 (use code 50), and make a note in the note field in the transaction screen for that code.  You should be all square then.

And ... congrat's for figuring out the move patient!!

0 Kudos
awkessler12
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. I will try this now.

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Jump to solution

awkessler12  Here is a document that you may find useful as well:

SoftDent: How Do I Move a Patient from One Account to His or Her Own Account? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Will x-rays transfer also?

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Jump to solution

The patient's images should transfer as well Brooke.

0 Kudos