cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayarea
Canine III

Treatment Plans and Insurance

A thought...some insurances do not count Preventive and Diagnostic procedures against the patient's YTD benefit. I would love to see a "check box" where it would exclude those numbers for Treatment Planning purposes.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Treatment Plans and Insurance

Thank you for the suggestion bayarea, I'm tagging our Product Line Manger jeffrey.urkevich so he will see it as well.

d.canales‌ or softdentgirl‌ anything to add to this?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Sue, thanks for the suggestion.  At our Dental Summit this past weekend we compiled a list of enhancement requests.  We can add this one to the list too.  What percentage of plans would you say behave this way?  

harlene
Canine II

I just read the Treatment plan and Insurance discussion from Sue and I agree, it would be extremely helpful if softdent could make that change in the very near future so we can update our patient's who's plans don't count the preventive procedures towards the max 

mbrown
Canine III

Not many plans in our area have this provision but there's a large company in town that employs lots of our patients that have it.  Also, I'd request an option to input lifetime deductibles. Again, not a large number of plans but lots our patients employed at one large hospital have lifetime deductibles that family members can satisfy at different times.jeffrey.urkevich

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Melva, thanks for your feedback.  It's a long shot, but do the plans with a lifetime deductible still need to roll over benefits annually?  If not, you can set the anniversary month on the plan to "None/Other" then it will never reset the deductible. (Please note, this won't work if the benefits max out each year and need to be rolled over, as the two options are connected.)

mbrown
Canine III

The benefits do need to be reset for this plan but that's a good tip for plans with a lifetime deductible and no maximum.

0 Kudos
cherring227
Canine III

I would love to see a tab on the account screen that shows the effective date of the insurance and once it is entered it will apply to everyone on the account that is hooked up to that insurance. Saves time from entering it into each patient one by one

mdunham
Premolar III

It would be helpful if there was a box on the plan in the estimation section that when selected would remove Preventative from Insurance Estimation.  OR, have this box per procedure code within the bluebook, or go for a perfect world and allow us to have both ways. 

0 Kudos
bayarea
Canine III

With the option to change an individual patient if necessary...

0 Kudos