cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmerhar
Premolar I

We finally got a Topaz sigpluspro. Tell me how you are utlizing it.

We finally got a Topaz sigpluspro.  Tell me how you are utilizing it.  Since we only have this one, patients can only sign their health history at my work station.  I am currently rewriting our hipaa/insurance sof document so that I can have that signed the same way.  Now that i am trying to implement this signature pad, it seems more work than needed.  It's almost easier to have the patient sign the hipaa form and scan it in later because it doesn't take me away from another task that i was already doing.  Who has one and how are you using it?

12 Replies

Re: We finally got a Topaz sigpluspro. Tell me how you are utlizing it.

Hey Jennifer
Currently, signature pads can be used only for capturing a patient's signature for medical histories and capturing signatures within merge letters using MICROSOFT Word.

pksaari79
Premolar III

How do you use the signature pad in merge letters?  I only thought they could be used for the medical histories.

Re: We finally got a Topaz sigpluspro.  Tell me how you are utlizing it. 

they can only be used in medical history in SoftDent

The software that is installed along with the Topaz e-pad includes an "Add-In" that works with Microsoft Word. While creating a merge letter within Word simply click the "Add-Ins" tab and select the "Pencil" icon. This will allow the user to begin capturing a signature.Word Topaz integration

pksaari79
Premolar III

Can you capture once and use for the letter you signed on, like one we use for thanking Doctors for his referral, as we were going to email those and this would be great!!

Kay

Re: We finally got a Topaz sigpluspro.  Tell me how you are utlizing it. 

unfortunately that cant be done this way
but as a work around you can acquire that signature then capture it as a screen shot (save as an image ) then import that image to your word template
this will keep the "signature" and it will show and print on the merged letters

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

Might be worth a try....thanks for the suggestion.  

jmerhar
Premolar I

so has everyone  gone to the expense of a signature pad just for signing medical histories or how are you doing that without?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

I tried finding the pencil under Add Ins.....and this is what I show:

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

0 Kudos