cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marinabaydental
Canine III

submitting to a 3rd dental insurance

Easiest way to submit to a 3rd dental insurance company? can I add it to the 'medical insurance' coverage section even though it's dental?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: submitting to a 3rd dental insurance

selecting a dental plan as a medical insurance is not possible as you have to change insurance plan type to medical that will print claims on medical form not ADA form --> they wont be processed 
the easiest\only way i know of is to have 3 guarantors information filled 
assuming guarantor 1 is primary dental , guarantor 2 is secondary , and guarantor 3 is tertiary 
after submitting primary - receive payment - closing primary then submitting secondary , after receiving payment 

change secondary insurance from patient information from guarantor 2 to guarantor 3 , re-submit secondary insurance that will update insurance information on claim to have the tertiary  as secondary insurance attach both EOBs

jojob
Canine III

Hmmm...never thought of that.  I will definitely try your suggestion.  If I hear your correctly: after getting payment from second plan, do not say it's final payment from second, right?  Edit Insurance page, put second insurance into Primary slot, and third plan into Secondary Insurance slot.  "Resubmit"  secondary insurance (which is the third plan).  But, after receiving payment from third plan, I need to remember to immediately change everything back to correct plans, right?

0 Kudos

i am not sure if you have to change the primary at all , it wont hurt but still there is no reason to do that 
i would keep the primary as it is and switch secondary after receiving payment without marking final payment , then resubmit secondary that is the third insurance
once got paid from 3rd insurance switch secondary back and close claim 

0 Kudos