cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annag
Canine III

Attaching images to new walk-in patients

With a newer WinOMS update, we now have the capability to attach documents to a walk-in patient that has not yet been converted. This has been very helpful. 

However, in Point-of-Care, you can attach x-rays to patients by clicking on a name, clicking on the Imaging button, then it will allow you to attach an x-ray to the OMS Imaging part of the account, even on new walk-in patients that haven't been converted. 

From the scheduler, if you try to attach a document to a walk-in patient, the only place to attach images is the Attachments section in the Documents tab (at least that we can find). Is there a way to attach x-rays to the OMS Imaging part of the account without going through Point-of-Care? And if not, we'd like to request that this be added to a future update. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
annag
Canine III

Re: Attaching images to new walk-in patients

Just looking for any kind of update on this -- if anyone at WinOMS can add this to list for future enhancements. Thanks!

0 Kudos
doran109
Canine III

I don't have anything to help with attaching xrays with the way the current system is but years ago we made the practice decision to convert all patient referrals. We did this mostly because we could not attach documents, notes were being missed and we had a lot of duplicate accounts.

We added a billing category called "referrals". Any patient referrals we received, we created a patient account and gave a default provider and then changed the billing category to referrals. This way, if we need to, we could pull a report and exclude or include the referral category. When a patient scheduled and arrived for their first appointment, we converted the billing category back to "standard".

This has worked extremely well in our practice but we are not as concerned about counting patient seen over a time period as a lot of practices are.

Probably not the solution you were looking for but I thought I would suggest it since it has worked so well for our practice.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@matt_ackerman  or @njokuc do you know? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

To add images to a walkin before they become a patient they would need to use Point-of-Care.  I'll keep this in mind when we rework the patient screens in the future.

0 Kudos