Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LEFDDS
Canine II

Report showing missing progress notes WinOMS

Hi,

Is there a way to make a report showing every patient visit over a certain period of time (categorized by provider) that doesn't have a progress note? It would be enormously helpful, both from clinical and legal perspectives, to have a way to ensure that all visits are documented correctly.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Report showing missing progress notes WinOMS

@JudiC or @pat_gould can either of you assist? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Report showing missing progress notes WinOMS

I agree that it is essential to verify documentation.   

There is a way for the providers to review their progress notes by accessing the third icon from the left "Progress Notes."   The only notes that will appear in this list, however are the ones that have been created.  To avoid gaps, I instruct assistants to open an EMR note when they seat the patient allowing Doctors to review that note within the "Progress Note" feature after the appointment or at the end of day before they leave.  

Another thought would be to print the "Appointment Profile Report" at the end of the day and compare this with the "Progress Note" list.  

There is also a "Chart Status" check list in the upper right corner of the patients EMR record to remind the clinical team to verify all of the items have been completed before exited the patient electronic medical record.  

Again, I do agree that a report would be a nice way as well to notify providers to complete the clinical note.  

I hope some of these ideas help.