cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garysalman
Canine III

2017 Enhancement Wish-List

Good Morning. We are in the planning phase for additional enhancements to CS WinOMS.  We have our dream list, now let's have yours!

56 Replies
oisc2009
Canine II

Re: 2017 Enhancement Wish-List

Call list.  Somewhere to add patients that would like to be sooner if cancellation occurs.  Never had a software that did not have this capability.

garysalman
Canine III

Ok, great. I will add it to our list.  Appreciate the feedback.

0 Kudos
laynee
Canine III

We use the Short Call for that, unless I misunderstand what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
laynee
Canine III

Ability to make changes in more than one family member's chart at the same time. This is so frustrating. 

oisc2009
Canine II

Shannon Baker; 

Are you using WinOMS; if there is a short call in this software I would love to know where?  I have even spoken to representatives and been told there isn't a way to do this currently.

0 Kudos
laynee
Canine III

Sorry, no we aren't using WinOMS. That must be the problem. Not sure why they wouldn't have a short call list. Doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos
omsnashville
Premolar II

Is the Idea Exchange still a "living" forum, or are we transitioning those ideas onto this forum?

Also, there are many great ideas on there that are over 6 years old which have many votes but no follow-up response from Carestream. We have no way of knowing if they are too old to be considered relevant, have they been determined impossible from a coding standpoint, or if there is another reason they are not under development (even as a low-priority item).

Some that are of keen interest to us are:

omsnashville
Premolar II

Searchable Allergies, Medical History, and Medications

This idea was actually shared twice in the Idea Exchange, first by me with 21 votes, then by another user with another 27 votes. This is a HUGE stumbling block for our clinical users on a daily basis. They are forced to scroll literally thousands of medications with only SIX items in view at any given time, as the window is not expandable.

I cannot fathom a reason that a search window isn't available, especially one that would transition as you type, prompting down in the list to the words beginning with P-E-N as soon as you began to type "Penicillin".

We do not use the conversion option for Allergies/PMH/Meds with online registrations because it too readily creates multiple listings for the same medication in WinOMS if the patient happens to misspell the med. This renders all the attached alerts we've created to Penicillin useless, as they are not applied to that patient, if they typed "PCN".

garysalman
Canine III

The good news is that our new EMR allows a type ahead feature, making searching extremely easy.  Please sign up for one of the EMR Elite seminars here:

http://go.carestreamdental.com/l/1164/2017-03-20/79tjrd