cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromfs
Premolar II

Updating all pending treatment plans from D9223 to D9222 for the first instance

How is everyone getting their pending surgery treatment plans updated all at once? For WinOMS the treatment plan report isn't detailed enough to let you choose just treatment plans with D9223s in them and it won't let you export the report to excel to play with it. Patient Demographics and Data Export won't do it either.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
omsnashville
Premolar II

Re: Updating all pending treatment plans from D9223 to D9222 for the first instance

We just update as we convert/bill. Otherwise, we're wasting effort on ones that may not be converted this year, if ever. If the patient waits too many months, we'll just be re-doing the treatment plan altogether anyway, to update them to our 2018 fees.

0 Kudos
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Re: Updating all pending treatment plans from D9223 to D9222 for the first instance

Same, there's not really a good way to figure out who is treatment planned with a specific code. Currently, I've been going through every patient who is scheduled and changing their treatment plan. I also have to look at every claim before it leaves to make sure I don't need to send something to medical since the system defaults all claims going to dental, so I'm double-checking the anesthesia charges, as well. We are relatively small and only have 4 providers who do surgeries exclusively in the morning, though, so that technique wouldn't work so well if your office is larger. Alternatively, if anyone in your office preps charts, you could have a system where the chart prep person changes that code. Any way you slice it it's a lot of manual work, unfortunately.

PS- Since your question only covered GA, don't forget they updated IV Sedation as well (D9239 and D9243)

0 Kudos