kristenb0726

Scheduling Treatment Plans

Discussion created by kristenb0726 on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 by wesley.barron

I'm looking for a more efficient way to use the treatment planning function in SoftDent. We document all treatment plans in Softdent but I'm finding when I run the treatment plan report - the report is not accurate because we are not scheduling from the treatment plan screen so all our treatment plans show a status other than "scheduled." When I talk to my front desk about why this report is not accurate, they said it was because 1) it's too tedious to schedule from the treatment plan window (well ok but that's not a good enough excuse and one I can easily overcome with the staff) 2) my financial coordinator says that if you schedule from the treatment plan while a pre-auth is pending with insurance -it will remove and/or mess with the pre-auth regarding that treatment plan. Is this true? I'm basically asking for a best practice in how to utilize this function. My doctor likes to review this report regularly to see how many treatment plans are outstanding/unscheduled and it seems like a lot of work to have manually clean up this report every time the doctor wants to review it. Thanks!

Outcomes