I need to print mailing labels for a mass mailing. Using Practiceworks.
There are a number of unknown variables needed to give you specifics on printing the labels you need including:- Who are you trying to print the labels for?- Are you trying to print them from a built in expert or a user defined expert or person pick list?
- What kinds of labels are you using?
I would suggest calling support with the specifics and I'm sure they can assist you with this. But, here are the generic steps on how to print mailing labels for all patients including setup if it's never been done in your system before.
To print Mailing Address Labels for all patients, follow these steps:
1. Click Lists.
2. Click People.
3. At the bottom of the "Person Pick List" screen, uncheck all of the check-boxes except "Patients" and "Show active." This will yield a list of all the Active Patients; in rare cases where Inactive Patients should be included, check that box as well.
4. Left-click on Actions.
5. Select All Displayed Records.
6. Click OK.
7. Determine if a link to print "Document: Mailing label for patient" has already been established. In cases where one exists, skip to Step 26 below.
8. In cases where a link to print ""Document: Mailing label for patient" does not exist, click Cancel to close the Button Event screen.
9. Right-click on Actions.
10. Select Define AutoLinks.
11. Click Add.
12. Click Create document.
13. Click OK.
14. Select "Create a specific document."
15. On the "Select a document to create" screen, click Mailing label for patient.
16. Click OK to choose this document.
17. Click OK to make the printing options appear.
18. Click Always print later.
19. Click Yes, ask each time if I really want this response.
20. Click OK at the bottom of the AutoLink ActionBtn Button Event screen.
21. Click Yes on the "No Context Selected" pop-up message.
22. Click OK to close the list of AutoLinks.
23. On the "Person Pick List" screen, click Actions.
24. Select "All Displayed Records."
25. Click OK.
26. On the "Actions to take" screen, place an "X" in the check-box beside "Document: Mailing label for patient (Print later)."
27. Click OK.
28. When the "Processing group" message disappears and everything seems normal again, close the "Person Pick List" screen by clicking Cancel.
29. Click File.
30. Click Print.
31. Click Document queue.
32. Verify that the proper label paper (30 labels per sheet, arranged three across and 10 down) is loaded in the printer.
33. Highlight the first displayed document with "Mailing label for patient" as its document name.
34. Select the desired option from the three radio buttons at the bottom of the Document Queue. In most applications, the best choice is "All documents named..."
35. Click Print or export selection.
36. Follow the prompts to complete the printing process.
Thank, I will give this a try- I don't think we have ever been set up for this, and I need to send out my retirement announcement!
Retrieving data ...